JONES Family

JONES Family

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day

Shelby and I are at home. He was diagnosed with ear infections in both ears and slight pneumonia yesterday. Stacy and I have been tag-teaming being home and balancing work demands on both ends. He'll be relieving me any second.
Shelbs is in better spirits and we were able to enjoy a special moment in history together.
Dearest Shelby,
I'm so proud for you today and the future before you. It warms my heart that you'll live your life not ever remembering a day when the thought of a Black President felt like a lifetime away. Now that the door to diversity has opened, I have no doubt you'll see the first Woman President as well. :->
What a different life you'll have! How exciting!
There was a screen shot of a white woman holding a precious little interracial baby and I smiled. How can people believe that's wrong, when the outcome of such love is so beautiful.
I love you, Shelby Ander Jones, and I love the life ahead of you!
Mommy

2 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Obama...shama... you know I have to comment on this one... I know you have been lost there in the land of fruits and nuts for awhile BUT...as I write this Blake is warning me to be nice bc I might be the next woman president you are referring to. HE HE HE. You are going to have to call me about this one... we need to have a chat.

The Perry's said...

What a buzz kill after such an amazing post. I'll tell you what... after experiencing first hand the deep South of Alabama the past three years, race is still a very REAL issue. I am thankful to have such appreciative and progressive friends as you and Stace and share your excitment for the future of our babies.

PS. Fruits and nuts are some of the best things on Earth...