JONES Family

JONES Family

Monday, May 17, 2010

Hiyyyyya!

I asked Shelby what he wanted to tell everybody about his karate class and he says...I want to be nice to my friends.
His teacher said that to earn his first white belt, he has to do 3 nice things. Stacy and I have a sheet to record the nice things he does and turn it in at class next week. The class focuses on listening, self-control (shelbs didn't do so hot on this one the first class) and good behavior. The good news is that he had the "yes sir" down pat!
We were trying to decide between soccer, t-ball or karate...then Shelby won a raffle at the wine festival (he had to drink 2 glasses to throw his name in...just kidding!) and got 1 mo free lessons and a free uniform. Shelby cried when class was over...he wanted to stay all night.

1 comment:

Val said...

I love that top pic! Shelby looks THRILLED with karate! We have been trying to decide what to put Q in too...maybe we'll try karate! :)