JONES Family

JONES Family

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sophie....Our First Day

There were several dogs, but Shelby wanted to know if we could walk Sophie.


Shelby was funny, negotiating with the Rescue Shelter.  He wanted to know if "we can keep the sweater".  We convinced him to relinquish the sweater to other dogs they rescue that need it, promising he can pick out a new sweater for Sophie.  LOL...I have to admit, I was proud!  We we were talking adoption and Shelby brought it up, the man said, "I'm sure we can work something out."  LOL...and that, my friends, is where I come in.  He is a SPITTING IMAGE of his father.  Then, he opens his mouth..... hehehehe

 Her first bath.  The pet store gave us a free bath for adoption purchase.  Sophie was a bit skiddish, but Stacy worked his magic and she was putty in his hands.

 And then she was home.  Shelby was the cutest, trying to make her comfy.




 Yeah...what do you want me to do with this?


Poor baby was zomped!!!!  But precious as she put her paw over her nose to sleep.  There was a serious smell...I was willing to blame the boys in my house, if ya know what I mean, till she passed gas out loud and then I couldn't help but declare, "Sophie!!!!"
 TV


 Such a sweet girl......

Shelby truly does adore her.   It already brings me to tears to watch them interact.  From the moment he saw her they had an amazing chemistry.
 Awww....guess who else she won over.  Not hard, girlfriend, as he's a really big sucker!  :-)

 Storytime.....Shelby was so excited to have Sophie as his partner in crime.


 She loves the ear...


 The happiest kid ever!!!!!!  He was sooooo excited for "his" dog to sleep with him.
 Introducing her to the "other" dogs in his life.  The kind she can't chew.

Night night Sweet Girl....you guys sleep tight.  Your new job is to protect my baby.  He's the one that chose you.
This whole transition has been harder than I could imagine.  Everything makes me cry.  It's ridiculous!!!!  But, I know Sophie is here for Shelby and she's a tremendous gift, so I will love her, gas and all, LOL, and we'll all keep moving forward. :-)

No comments: