JONES Family

JONES Family

Sunday, April 12, 2009

I got lotion!


Shelby suddenly made up some song about lotion, so we rushed for the camera.  By then he needed some prompting.  I turned around, he grabbed my lotion and sang, "Loooootionnnnn!"  "Shake your bootie, shake your bottie, shake your bootie."
Such a hoot.

We need the hilarious moments in the weekend to get us through the rest.  We think he has allergies, on top of his worsening eczyma.  The runny nose has caused a lot of coughing and the rash has caused lots of itching.  The two together = NO SLEEP!  We brought him to bed with us Friday night as we....let me rephrase....I was awake every hour with Shelbs.  That was an even worse mistake.  I took an elbow to the breast, a foot to the nose and a slap to the face.  No napping during the day, either.  We were about to flip our lids this afternoon, when after my attempts at cry-it-out; rocking; walking him around; stroller; Stacy finally put him in the car, endured the screaming, and let him crash.  Then we took turns sitting in the car in the drive way for over an hour.  I laughed when Stacy texted from outside..."I gotta pee."
And we want another child because why again?  Oh yeah, the cute Shake Your Bootie moments.  Got it.

3 comments:

vsm/whirling dirvish photography said...

This brought me to tears! I can't wait to see you guys in a few months! I miss MaryAnn being at this oh-so-adorable stage... She's at the ask a million question stage and after a looong day at school and work it can wear ya thin...
Sorry your weekend wasn't as relaxing as planned. Hope the little tyke feels better in time for Grandpa Dino and Grammy!

Elaine said...

Looks like Shelbster is ready to do Hip Hop abs with Daddy! I can see them now! Looking forward to coming in the next couple weeks. Love ya bunches!

Jeramy, Terrie, Eli, and Aiden said...

what a funny post and so sweet too. Mommys go thru alot and yet we love it and will do the same all over again in a heart beat!