JONES Family

JONES Family

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Future CEO or laziest kid at TDLC

I came home the other day and the boys were at the dinner table waiting on me. I sat down and Stacy says, "Mom, Ms. Carol talked to me today. " (Keep in mind Stacy is telling this story with a tone that lets Shelby know I'm about to be disappointed with him. Clearly Stacy is expecting an appropriate reaction out of me.)

Me: Yeah, what did she say? (raised eyebrow at Shelby)

Stacy: She said that Shelby has been difficult lately and for two days now has shown a not nice behavior.

Me: (Glare at Shelby)

Shelby: (Ducks head in shame)

Stacy: She said that after breakfast she asks all the kids to get their milk sippy cups and walk to the Frog room. Shelby has been refusing to carry his cup. He told Ms. Carol she could carry it. She said no and that Shelby needs to carry his own cup. When she turned around she hears Shelby say, "Here, Spencer, you carry my cup." He walks on while Spencer carries both cups.

Me: (covering my face with napkin laughing so hard my body is shaking while trying to gain composure. I'm thinking, "That's my kid! The art of delegation!" Clearly I'm proud.)

Shelby: What's wrong, Mommy? (a little suspicious, not sure of what's going on with me)

Me: (composure gained)...Shelby, did you do that? We carry our own milk cup, don't we? Did you make Spencer carry your cup?

Shelby: (innocently telling on himself) Yeah, and Alex carried my jacket!

That's it....tag.....I'm out....Stacy in. I'm ROLLING with laughter, I had to walk away while Dad took over the lesson. My son has mastered at 2.5 yrs the art of delivering results through others.

I'll leave it up to you to decide:
Shelby....Future CEO or Laziest kid at daycare?

5 comments:

Val said...

Hahaha! What a funny little guy you have! Future CEO for sure!! :)

Val said...

sign him up for Management!

vsm/whirling dirvish photography said...

Adorable. Let's hope future CEO. Work hard to play hard.

Carol and Tyler said...

Well, he takes after his momma...is that so bad? :)

Jeramy, Terrie, Eli, and Aiden said...

future CEO!!! haha! I would have been laughing too, momma!