JONES Family

JONES Family

Monday, February 28, 2011

Good One, Mom!

Sooo....there's always those moments where as a parent you think "oh, shit...my bad."
I had 2 this weekend.
#1. We're in traffic, stopped at a light and there's a mini van beside us, Dad in the driver's seat with the kids on his own. There are two older girls in the back seat. In the middle seat was a toddler in the toddler carseat and baby facing backwards in the baby seat. I made a rather inappropriate comment (sorry for those I offend right now) like, "Wow. Really? Four freakin' girls." Silence. After a few minutes I hear Shelby say, "where's the freakin' girls?"
Oops.
#2. I hit my elbow and I yelled out, "Mother...of all!" Shelby yells from the tub, "Why you say mother ball!" No, I said, "Mother of all" but only mommies say that, buddy, when they hurt themselves.
Good recovery, right! Only mommies say that.... He's not a mommy. I'm in the clear.
Few minutes pass.
(Bonking noise like Shelby hit his leg). ......and yes, there it was, "Kids ball!"

So fire me...

2 comments:

Val said...

Hahahaaa! Oh girl, if that's the worst slip up you've had then I'd say you are a-ok! I'll never forget the day when Jorgie was about 4 and I almost dropped something or stubbed my toe (I can't even remember what happened!) but I started to slip and caught myself with 'OH SHiii...'. Apparently I hadn't caught myself often enough before because Jorgie quickly reprimanded me saying 'Mom, you really should say 'oh rats' instead of 'oh shit'. Nice, right? ;)

vsm/whirling dirvish photography said...

TRex has progressed into the same shoe as his Daddy and after dropping a bolt last Sat uttered 'shtick'.
So I'll say you're a-ok as well.

By the way aren't you two the crazies that want four kids?!?!!? Girls or boys, I say four is pure madness!