JONES Family

JONES Family

Sunday, December 25, 2011

November Moments

November brought several weekends of enjoying relaxing time at home, working in the yard, etc. Stacy and Shelby worked to trim the front yard tree a bit.And then I caught Stacy teaching his son BAD HABITS for tree trimming...
Rule #1: ALWAYS use a ladder.
Rule #2: Use the right tool for the job. If you need to cut a branch, use a saw.
Do not bounce up and down hoping your body weight will eventually crack the branch.
Rule #3: Smile while you work. :->
One lazy morning that was a rest day for Stacy's work out (Shelby and I love when these fall on a weekend morning and he's not teaching class), Shelby decided we were going to make breakfast in bed.
He was very particular about whether Daddy wanted the peanut butter on the bottom or the jelly on the bottom.
Another weekend I found Shelby sitting WAYYYYY too close to the TV (grrrrrr....) with his blanket on his head. I couldn't figure out if he was Rambo or some sort of bride! LOL
We spent Thanksgiving Day with "Grandma Jeannie" and "Grandpa Craig". Of course Aaron "Chocolate Cake", Hollie, Chaila and Lil A were all there as well, but I totally indulged in dinner and fell short of photo time....my bad. At least we got the below. So cute...
Another fun cuddle time with the ipad.
And, I did make effort to redeem myself this month! For those that hadn't heard the story:
This year when Stacy went hunting in Wyoming, I decided to be a Martha Stewart-type Mommy. I got up early before work/school and started making pumpkin muffins. I still don't know exactly what happened, as I set the timer to less than the recommended time and it hadn't even gone off yet, when the house alarm started SCREAMING! Because it hadn't been long, my heart fell as all I could think was 'intruder'. I soon realized it was the fire alarm and did all I could to try to shut it up! Poor Shelby was awoken to the chaos and was hollering for comfort I couldn't give him as I tried to solve the problem. It was a complete catastrophe and the sound of our house alarm has haunted my nightmares since. I hate it.

That night when I asked Shelby what he wanted for dinner he replied mini corn dogs. I reminded him those required the oven and he started frantically promising that he LOVED them completely frozen. Please don't turn on the oven, Mom!
How traumatized my son is.. So, one morning I redeemed myself with from scratch, baked in the oven with no house alarm apple cinnamon muffins.
And speaking of cooking, Shelby loves putting on his Spiderman apron from Tehya and helping out his "cookerman" dad. :->

No comments: