JONES Family

JONES Family

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Urbanathalon: Stacy's latest accomplishment

Mid-November, Stacy competed in the Men's Health Urbanathalon in San Francisco.
It was a 10 mile obstacle course with 8-10 obstacles in the city, including a hike up the bleachers at the Giants stadium and scaling 3 taxi cabs. All that in addition to the natural killer hills!
We made a weekend out of the deal, staying at a hotel, enjoying dinner at the Rainforest Cafe (a first for all 3 of us!) and getting our fam photos taken in front of Golden Gate Bridge (to follow).
He did an amazing job! So much ahead of our expected schedule, that Shelby and I missed his finish on our 2 mile hike from the hotel to the finishline. Almost 1 mile in, Shelby refused to walk up any more hills and I later swore I deserved a metal too, for carrying my son on my back for over a mile...lol
Stacy continues to accomplish one challenge after another and we proudly support his efforts.

No comments: