JONES Family

JONES Family

Monday, April 8, 2013

A well-rounded, enjoyable weekend!

I'm finally on Instagram!  I still refuse to join the Facebook revolution, but you can find my instagram profile as livinlife_20.  I'll approve your request to follow.  Sorry, with pics of kids, I chose the private setting.  Here's my profile photo.  LOL

However, I realize that I turn my blogs into books, and I don't want to miss out on all the fun stuff we did this weekend, or exclude the people not on instagram.  So, now I'll be double duty, I guess.

We wrapped up spring break with a bang.  On Friday, Shelby finished off his rockstar dance camp with  an awesome performance! (Yes, I'll be working to blog that too).  I picked up Chaila and Aaron to come watch, then they spent the afternoon and overnight with us.  It was a party!
Chaila let me fix her hair on Sat morning and take some pics.  Then, she taught me how to use instagram.  Thanks, Cha!

What a cutie, huh!  I can't believe she's growing up!!!  She was only 9 years old when we moved in next door.  Even though they don't live next door to us anymore, we've all been able to hang out and stay close.
And Lil Aaron was only 7 when we moved in.  That's just one year older than Shelby is now.  I can't believe it.  Shelby is in heaven when these two are around.

On Sunday we joined Staci and Giana for a playdate at the park.  The kids were so excited to see each other.  They're so funny though, because by the end of the over 2 hrs they were done.  LOL!


On the ride there Shelby informed me that "Mom, Giana's not just my friend, she's my girlfriend."  "Okay, Shelby but what does that really mean?"  "Well, it means I have a crush on her."  "And are there other girls you have a crush on too?"  "No!  Just Giana.  Some of the girls at school say they like me, but I tell them I already have a crush on someone."
It's funny, they've been this way for years now, and I wonder when they'll let that go.  Cute...and scary all at the same time.
 Precious girl



They made a squirrel trap.  Watch the video.  I was very impressed with their creativity!




Guard dog.  She was fine until the kids started climbing a tree and she started whining.
Once we let her near them she was fine.  She just needed to check it out for herself.  Such a good girl.


When we got home Shelby decided he wanted to be a flower too.
I LOVE when our flowers bloom here in our front garden.  They just make me smile.
Then Sunday afternoon Travis came over to play.  They had a blast with the sidewalk chalk.

I loved Shelby's creation!  I'm thinking of making it into a canvas for his room.




Travis was obsessed with drawing lightning bolts, but calling it thunder.  Cute.
What an awesome, relaxing weekend.  It's funny.  We had a ton going on, but since we weren't traveling or hosting anything major, it felt like a chillin' break.

No comments: