JONES Family

JONES Family

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Shelby's Talent Show Performance



A few months ago Shelby begged me to let him audition for the school's talent show.  I tried to explain how scary that might be to perform in front of everyone, but he swore he understood and wanted to do it.  So, he auditioned, made the cut, and last Thursday he performed his little heart out!

I was a mess, with a grin so big I thought my mouth would split, and tears of absolute pride pouring down my cheeks throughout his performance.  Stacy and I were sooooo unbelievably proud of him!  What courage and TALENT!  There is no greater sense of joy than the pride that comes with being a parent.  We were just blown away!

The rush Shelby got from this experience was evident through his excitement for days.  Which has me left believing this is just the beginning of little man's performing days.  He even asked if next year I can play the drums and Stacy play the bass guitar while he plays regular guitar in our family band.  LOL...

Hope you enjoy his show as well!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Ahhhhh, This is sooo awesome! I think I could watch it a million times and only love it more each time. Such a great job Shelby!