JONES Family

JONES Family

Saturday, July 12, 2008

GG Weekend


I spent The Fourth in Virginia with my GG's this year. It was great to get away and spend time with my lovely ladies! Jamie (bottom left) and Eric live in Virginia, were married early this year and are expecting a little boy: Peyton James. Julie (bottom center) and Billy live in the DFW area in Texas with their 2 precious little boys, Jackson and Harrison and her blossoming company, Pride Staff. Laurie (standing right) and Jonathan live in Austin, TX, and just announced their expecting news!!! Cantrell (top center) and Jeremy live in Austin as well, and I have no doubt we'll be getting "the call" from them this year. It's so wonderful to see my girls growing in life and so happy.
What's the scoop? For those few who don't know the "GG" legend, this crew came together 6 years ago, comprised of Texas A&M Aggies connected to both Cantrell and Jamie. GG's is short for Gruene Girls, as we began annual floating the river trips in Gruene. It started as 6, but soon found it's way to the core 5 ladies who would forever be bound together in an unconditional bond. We've been through so much in six years, that it seems unrealistic to think so few can go through so much in so little time, but all it's done is strengthen the love and support to create 5 Strong Women and an even stronger connection. I laugh at how we should have a ceremony to commit our union. My vows to these ladies feel much like that to my lifetime partner as a spouse.
For better for worse, for richer for poor, in sickness and in health, till death do us part...
And boy have we seen it all, from the struggles of family death, divorce, fighting cancer, building careers...to the joys of marriage, birth and success! Each one of us brings a unique being to the table, that compliments one another so well, that the strengths and weaknesses form the perfect circle.
Still can't get it? Think Ya-Ya Sisterhood, only better!
Thank you, Ladies for all the ups and downs over the past 6 years. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I look forward to many, many more...
T

2 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Can I be number 6... I promise to love and cherish forever... I need some girls like this here in Singapore... love the picture... you are always really good at capturing the moment and how special something/someone is to you. So glad that you got to get away for the weekend... you deserve it.

Patsi said...

For the 6th year, you all need a 6th member! My friends & I never take "get a way" trips (cause I refuse to leave my kids. Zane is 3 & has never spent a night away from mommy & he'll tell you about it. Big parenting mistake!). Glad to see you had a great time. All women need a group of friends like this. The picture is awesome too!