JONES Family

JONES Family

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sequoia National Park

I (Stacy) was granted a guys weekend from the boss for this past weekend. Our Aggie friend from Shell (David Nickell), told me about the annual California Aggie trip to Sequoia National Park. Above, are four photos to show you the size of the trees in this forest. General Sherman is the tree that is behind me. It is the largest (by volume) tree in the world. The tree is estimate to be about 2100 years old. Here is a link to find out more stats on the tree: http://www.nps.gov/archive/seki/shrm_pic.htm

Below are photos of the wild life that we came across. The mule deer was about 20 feet from me. Yes, that is a bear, and he was about 100 feet from me. I missed the 6 point elk, so there is not evidence of that.

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

It is awesome that you get a guys weekend and Christina gets a GG weekend... you guys are a perfect match/mix... I love it and it looks like you got to see something so amazing...we will have to make a trip up to Cali sometime.