JONES Family

JONES Family

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Signs of Spring

We had a nice, relaxing weekend. Shelby is a handful, and there are moments where I want to pull my hair out, but overall, he's such an AMAZING kid!
Reflecting on the weekend, the first things that come to mind are how much energy he has: Sandy Zapp and I went on a 3 mile walk, and Shelby ran (in boots) 1 mile of it right with us walking! The next to come to mind is his sense of humor. He is hysterical...and he knows it. And the last is "big hug" as he's started to want to squeeze his little arms around my neck and hug me. My precious Little Man!
He still blows me away with his development. He keeps saying, "Mommy, don't do that, please" when he doesn't like me changing his diaper or taking something away (yes, he tried to run with a screwdriver in his mouth). What 2 yr old says such a complete sentence with contractions! I expect to hear, "Mommy, no do it." He counts to twelve now and LOVES to play hide and seek. And there's no tricking him about anything. If he observes it once, he remembers. He points out a location we haven't been past in weeks and reminds me he knows about it. If you're headed somewhere that you've told him you're going and you turn a different way, he throws a fit, "OTHER WAY!" My little Christopher Columbus boy. He's extremely excitable (which the poor daycare ladies remind me of) and VERY animated. I know, wonder where he gets it.

March 2008 - Wow, where does time go...

4 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

What an amazing post... I love the pics and what a great little reminder of him when he was a baby... I agree with the 2 year old comments... and you are a good mommmy... thanks for sharing.

Patsi said...

Oh, I feel it! Zane is surely a handful, but AMAZING too! And oh, how we LOVE him! He is very observant & it is hard to believe he will be 4 on the 28th. The time flies!

Love this post! Shelby is so cute! I love the pictures! The colors are so very pretty!

vsm/whirling dirvish photography said...

I read about the Livermore daffodils and the festival they have there. They're beautiful and rival our own bluebonnets. I can't believe what a little man he's turning into... I thought you and Stacy just got married yesterday???? Dang time flies when you're havin' FUN!!!

Jeramy, Terrie, Eli, and Aiden said...

I agree with Camille... what an amazing post! You brought me to tears! Shelby is such a precious boy and I can tell he has a wonderful soul. He is very lucky to have such wonderful parents. We miss you bunches and hope to see you soon. Love to Shelby!