JONES Family

JONES Family

Sunday, February 14, 2010

My baby is 3!

Shelby turned 3 years old on February 1st. I just can't believe it!!!!!
Stacy and I surprised him that morning with his very own bean bag (to match his new bedroom decor...primary colors). He was so excited, though I have no idea what the mean mug below is about. I think Swiper took something on Dora. LOL
He had a Dora balloon waiting and got to take it to school with his cupcakes for a mini-party with his classmates. I was SO PROUD of my boy! He kept singing Feliz Cumpleanos a ti.... For those lost...that's Happy Birthday song in Spanish. And for those who don't know...Spanish was my minor in college and I spent some amazing time studying in Cholula/Puebla, Mexico. I fully intend to have a bilingual kid. He's well on his way!
When I got home that evening he was dying to start opening some gifts. Uncle Shae, Ciotka, MaryAnn & Lil' Stacy sent him a book club membership to get books throughout the year! He was so excited!
This kid loves his dinosaurs and that just makes his Ciotka proud!
When I asked him to show me his new backpack, this is what I got...hmmm....
And his Uncle D, Aunt Sharla, Saige & Daxton sent him the perfect outfit for his birthday party! He got a football sweatshirt with S Jones on it. You'll see how it fit the All Sports theme of the party.
Our neighbor, Joan, couldn't attend the party, so she brought by his gift early. Cool Thomas the Train set where battery Thomas goes around and around and Shelby can pull the lever for him to stop at the station.
And when Tehya arrived that Friday, Shelby got his very own sleeping bag!!! He loves to ask for ours to cuddle up to watch cartoons on the weekend, and now he has his own. This was awesome, because she had it custom made. She picked out the fabric, the soft chocolate brown inside and it comes with a built in pillow. The best part is how it rolls up into a little zip bag with handles. SWEET! Thanks, Tehya.

1 comment:

vsm/whirling dirvish photography said...

Wow did that little guy make a killin' this bday! Glad he likes his books!
Three... already... wow.