JONES Family

JONES Family

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Olsen Brothers

A few weekends ago, Stacy, Shelby and I had a blast with an overnight stay at Casa de Olsen's! Brent took Anissa to the city for her birthday...dinner, nice hotel, spa, parade, shopping, etc. (Way to go, Brent!) We got to play with the Olsen Brothers! We all had an absolute blast!!!!
Shelby and Derek are only about 5 mo apart, so it was fun to watch them play together.
Blast from the past. Me & Brent with Shelby & Derek at Derek's birth back in Texas.
And even more fun to watch them team up to beat up Stacy.Trust me, you don't want to see the photos after this. Shelby wasn't strong enough to pull Daddy down, but who'd have guessed he was strong enough to expose his father. LOL!When Stacy'd had enough, he took up tossing the ball around with the eldest Olsen boy, Braden. Braden's been doing great, excelling in sports and was such a big helper in our stay there.The boys had a blast on their amazing playground in the back yard. I couldn't convince Dallin and Landon to leave the video game until the afternoon.After a good exhausting play outside, it was nap time. Shelbs was out in the boys' room. Derek can't ever nap with all the noise older bro's make, but he sure crashed on Sat. It was so cute, he reach his arms up to Stacy and laid his head on his shoulder. Stacy sat down and D crashed on his chest.Braden chilled out on the couch and watched a few shows.Abby went with us, and she was even pooped out.Dallin and Landon were still trying to master slaying the bad guys. I couldn't help but include this shot, as I caught Landon being a boy! Picking his nose and licking his finger is definitely typical boy behavior! Ewww.....After nap time I made all the men in the house get bundled up for a fun afternoon at the neighborhood park. It was an amazing park and we all had a ton of fun. Even the walk there and back was an adventure!Landon and Shelby got along really well.I love this shot because it describes how Shelby looked up to Braden pretty much the whole weekend.Landon and Shelbs decided to play on the coolest see-saw I've ever seen!I didn't have a pick of just Dallin and Shelby from the weekend, so I thought I'd pull one out from 2.5 yrs ago. So cute!!!! Dallin, when did you grow up into such a handsome young gentleman!!!! Time flies...I stole a moment with the Shelbster to enjoy a swing.
We had so much fun and excitement from an hour and a half game of hide-and-go-seek in which I almost went undiscovered, except for the vibrating phone in my pocket telling me I had a text message and telling Landon where to find me. Ha!
These boys amaze me. They're typical boys alright with all the energy and battles that come with being a household of brothers, but how they're so darn well-mannered is beyond me! I'm begging Anissa to write all her secrets down to share with a fellow mom about to pull her hair out sometimes! :->
When can we come again!

1 comment:

Anissa said...

This is the CUTEST post! You are such a sweetheart Christina. Some of those pictures made me cry... seeing Shelby and Derek when they were so young. It made me realize how fun it is to have a "history" with the Jones family. I am so glad you are part of our lives. I can't begin to thank your family enough for helping us out that weekend. There's not many people that can be with four extra boys for a weekend and survive to tell out it :) You, Stacy, & Shelby and so great to us!!! We are looking forward to watching Shelby MANY times to repay you :)
By the way, I LOVE The picture with Braden and Shelby.