JONES Family

JONES Family

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Disneyland! Day 2 (morning)

Day 2!  The ladies dressed up for the morning of Day 2, since Dennis and Elaine were treating everyone to lunch with the princesses!  I had bought MaryAnn a long, bright pink dress and bright purple hair accessory.  She patiently let me fix her hair that morning, too.  Which I actually got to do regularly that weekend.  It was our fun quiet time together.  I needed a little girl time!

After the kids got ready they were allowed to cuddle up with Grandpa and watch cartoons until everyone was ready to walk out the door. 
Though MaryAnn and Shelby were zoned out, lil Stacy decided to play on his own.
Our first stop was Cars Land!  We were so excited and willing to stand in line for however many hours it took to ride the new Lightening McQueen/Radiator Springs ride.  But it was broken down!  Are you stinkin kidding me?!?!?!
So, Tow Mater's Junk Yard was the ride of choice.  Waiting in line there was so much fun junkyard stuff around us, we had to take some shots.



These two are a sassy frassy duo, for sure!  I'd predict they both end up in drama classes later in school.
Love this one...
Drums!
Way to look cool, dude.  LOL
Rock out, kids!  Told ya....drama class.
I loved this pic b/c MAWJ was doing all she could to spin around and feel her dress be flowy and her hair whip around.  She was so funny.
So sweet.


The music was blaring and the kids couldn't help but join the "ho down" feel.

Finger snapping while shaking the bootie.
There she goes again, spin around so the dress flows.  Hehehehe
These cars spun them around as if they were doing the docey do (how do you spell that?)





Closest we got to a Day 2 family pic.  The two Stacy's were not cooperative.  HA
Then we ran into a Phineas and Ferb street show!
The kids started copying the dance from the outskirts, but soon got the courage to hop right in.



Can you spy a few of ours in these crowd shots?


Donald Duck!  Yeah!

Donald arranged the guys in these poses.  It was too funny.  We were all cracking up.  Thanks, Donald, this one is a keeper!
MaryAnn got to go on a big kid ride (below) so Stacy and Shelby went on the Merry Go Round.


The California Screamer!!!!!  Grandpa swears he'll never do this again!  I wouldn't have done it to begin with.  Nausea city, man.  
Not pictured here, but I asked everyone to raise their hands in the air and we were laughing because Stacy couldn't lift his arms up.  Big muscles....

After the Merry Go Round Shae took the boys on the big Mickey Ferris Wheel.
Can you see their cute lil faces!  They were up pretty high!
Off to the Princess Luncheon at Ariel's Grotto!
Here Ariel asked MaryAnn if these were her brothers.  She pointed at Shelby and said,"no!  This one's just my cousin."  I have no idea why the tone made it come out so funny, but it got a little laugh out of Ariel.



At the table the kids were super excited for the show.  Each Princess was announced by what Shelby kept calling the Prince.  They came out and made their rounds at the table for individual pictures.

This is the guy Shelby called the Prince.  At the end he begged to get his pic with the prince since all they saw were princesses.  I asked the waitress.  I told her about the "prince" and she said, "Well, he is a prince....in his own way."  Shae and I died laughing by the tone and what she was insinuating!  It was hilarious.  Unfortunately, she returned with news that he had already moved on from the restaurant.  :-<  Why doesn't disneyland have the Princes around for photo ops!

Cheers!  Elaine and I stole the chance to enjoy a cocktail.  Disneyland crowds can drive ya to drink.
Snow White.
Cinderella
By day 3 MaryAnn wanted to know why Cinderellas voice wasn't always the same.  And she cracked me up with some mousey imitation of Snow White's voice.
Belle from Beauty and the Beast


Luckily we got our pics with all the princesses before the fire alarm went off and we were all sent outside!  WHAT!  I still have food on my plate....and more importantly the only drink I've gotten in this whole crazy place!  So, outside we went....  After a while in the heat, Stacy, Shae and I took the kids back while Elaine and Dennis stayed to finish up the bill.

Shelby took our pic.  Nice and blurry.


Just after this picture, MaryAnn stares at me and says, "Why do you have hair on your lip, Aunt T?"  OMG!  Time to bleach.  I answered her, "Because I'm Italian, but all women do, and you will too."  I could not stop laughing.  I love a child's honesty and innocence in these situations.

MARYANN'S CAMERA TIME:
MaryAnn loved to grab the camera and take pics.  So, I thought I'd share some of what she gets when she's behind the lens.  LOL!










Time to get back and nap!!!!

One of Stacy's fav stories from the day:
Stacy and Shae took Shelby and Lil Stacy to the bathroom.  Apparently they were all lined up at the urinal going potty.  Shelby decided in the middle of the act to reach over and slap Uncle Shae on the rear end!  Have no idea what possessed that, but every time Stacy thinks about that moment he dies laughing.  Probably had to be there, but I couldn't miss the chance to document Stacy's fav story.

No comments: