JONES Family

JONES Family

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Photo Workshop

Rebecca and I had soooo much fun at this workshop! We were bummed because when we signed up MONTHS ago, it was for an outdoor weekend involving a winery, dog show, portraiture, etc. But, it POURED and a tornado even hit Friday before we got to Santa Rosa. Crazy. So, indoor lighting lessons it was. I learned so much! I really stunk at indoor lighting so this was a much needed lesson.
Here Rebecca was my model (just as gorgeous as the paid model we had)Day 2 we had a model, Michaela, come in. She was a ton of fun to work with. She let the whole class boss her around for a while. What a trooper, and so photogenic!The rain quit for a few hours, so we ran outside and I played with reflectors and how to make overexposure work for ya. Yes, the side of her face is clearly over exposed, but it just seemed to work.
On the first day we had a few boys come in and they were stinkin' hilarious. I played with photo editing until I got the Opie look I was going for on this one. What a hoot.
This is Paul. He's pissed about Lord knows what here. He was one of my assigned partners. There were only 3 of us with Nikons, so we took off to learn. We were testing the hair light in the tree. Paul was angry at the non-inclusive term and asked that we call it a "rim light". LMAO.....loved him. Hysterical.
Rebecca and I missed our little ones, but knew they were in good Daddy hands, so we relaxed, soaked up the knowledge and had fun dinner and drinks Saturday night. YEAH for the get-a-way! Huge thanks to the guys for letting us go and to Rebecca for all the planning to make this happen.

No comments: