JONES Family

JONES Family

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Standing Up!

Shelby came home yesterday and has decided he prefers to pee standing up. We had asked before if he should be doing this, but were told that until he could get down the different sensations between pee and poo, he should just sit. Not sure what he told Ms. Teren, but whatever happened, she let him pee standing up and now that's all he does. He's also gone poo the past two evenings in a row and no accidents at all on Sunday and all day yesterday. Looks like we're all green lights, so I promise to end the updates soon, just currently amazed by this whole process. I'm still too weary to do underwear at night while sleeping. Shelby gets mad each night and tells me "I don't want diaper!" And each morning he's dry. I just keep thinking it can't be that easy, and I shouldn't push my luck. Thoughts, anyone?
THANK YOU to all my mommy friends for the words of advice and encouragement! Mission accomplished.

3 comments:

Val said...

Congrats! Sounds like you're there! As for the night time...well, that's a tough call. Seems like every time I take a kid out of pull ups at night since they've kept it dry for weeks, they have an accident THAT NIGHT. I hate washing bedding. This process just repeats. Back to pull-ups. Dry every night for weeks. Try underwear. Accident. Wash bedding. Get frustrated. Pull-ups back on again. Let me know if you figure out the trick!

Jeramy, Terrie, Eli, and Aiden said...

YEAH!! I am so happy for you big boy, Shelby!

Unknown said...

Time to stop the diaper...you've arrived! CONGRATS!