JONES Family

JONES Family

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Learning to Shoot

It was time for the kids to learn to respect a gun. So, off to target practice we go.First, a series of instructions...narrowed down to three main rules the kids had to repeat before they could touch the gun. 1. Never point the gun at anybody. 2. Make sure the safety's on when you're not using the gun....or maybe it was make sure the safety's off when you're about to use it. 3. Don't put your finger on the trigger until you're ready to shoot.
Some intense listening.
Shelby's up first.
It took a while before he could see the can, understand what crosshairs were, etc.
That gun shot scared me, Shelby!
MaryAnn's turn.Here we go, Maddison.Way to go, Maddi!!!!!
What a beautiful sunset.
Unfortunately, as I turned my head to get the sunset shot, MaryAnn and Shelby were off and found tall grass to run through. I heard Aunt Karen holler for them to get out of the grass. Sure enough! My heart stopped as they came running out, having stirred up a copperhead! It came slithering out within inches of MAWJ and a foot or so of Shelby. All ended fine, and that snake received treatment such as the can above, but for those that know me, you know I'm PARANOID of snakes. Shelby let me hold him in my arms in the house and cry for quite some time. It's amazing how still kids can be when they see the fear and pain in their Mommy's eyes.

No comments: