JONES Family

JONES Family

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bay to Breakers 100 Years!

Bay to Breakers was definitely an item on our "To Do while in Cali" list, so when Nicol decided that's what she wanted to do for her birthday, we were in! Stacy ran it while the rest of us walked, but we all met up at the end.Nicol (aka Birthday Princess), Carol & me before the race began. The day started early with Janea showing up to babysit at 5:45am. We were on the BART by 6:20am and the costumes began piling in there. DISCLAIMER: I have TONS of pics of naked people, but none will be blogged. I will, however, have a scrapbook avail for any visitors. ;-> The best was texting a pic of 3 dudes' naked rear ends (old, wrinkly rears) to my brother only for him to call later and inform me that he received it while in church! HA! My bad, bro.

Carol & FeathermanNicol's friend was preggo, and still walked over 7 miles like a real trooper!By the posting of this, May 21st (billboarded as Judgement Day) has come and gone....guess this dude was a little off.SWEET! It's KISS!
Ummm....I had no idea there was a waterfall in the middle of the city.
Cupcakes
7+ miles in stilts.....holy smokes!The mass ahead......and behind. It was never-endingAnd even more amazing was the crowds at people's places just partying and watching the show.WHEW HEW! Thought we were done! Little did we know we had another mile to get our medals, another 1.5 after that to get our t-shirt and yet another mile to get to the shuttle. Whatever...you knew it was coming with my bday 5 days later....heheheStacy, me, Carol, Nicol & JasonShelby had his own fun with Janea and George! Poor J, he told her that next time just George could come and babysit him....LOL He loves "Alabama"

No comments: