JONES Family

JONES Family

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Gentleman from Texas

I've got so much to catch up on blogging I don't even know where to start! However, in effort of sharing stories (see below Stacy's recent Shelby story) I wanted to capture another: THE GENTLEMAN
Stacy's big rule in our house is about raising Shelby to be a gentleman. Yes, Ladies, chivalry will not die with this generation if we have anything to say about it. HOWEVER, my son quickly learned how easy it is to offend today's woman with chivalry. I watched the story unfold before me at the couple pictured above and told Stacy, "this would have been you and me, had we met at 4 yrs old!"
Shelby met this precious little girl at Merritt's birthday party (1 yr already!) across the street....more pics from party to come....
He was instantly smitten. Mikey got Shelby a juice packet, asking if he wanted a drink. Shelby look at the little girl and said, "Wait, she don't have one." He immediately ran over to the cooler, got the young lady a drink and proceeded to hand it to her. Awww..... Except she took one look at my son and said, "I can get it myself!" LMAO.........
Wow, my poor little man, he's already confused by conflicting messages at 4 years old........
The same little boy that when we play Candyland and I remind him the rules say "youngest player goes first" says, "No, Mommy, Ladies go first."
Good Luck, kid!

No comments: