JONES Family

JONES Family

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Oakland A's Fireworks Game

We were invited to attend an Oakland A's game with the Lesher's.  Steve Lesher is Public Affairs at Shell and has a rather extensive network.  We were tailgating with the Mayor of Martinez.We were excited to see the Nickells there as well.  
Stacy and Lenecia are very excited about being the popular "southern" folk at the party!  Lenecia made her infamous banana pudding, along with lemon bars and FABULOUS sopapilla cheesecake.  Stacy was a huge hit (and now made us a shoe-in for the next tailgate) with fried pickle chips.  Apparently no one's ever heard of them here, but all are now fans.  So glad you two know how to cook and Dave and I know how to eat and be supportive spouses!  Steve said he knew he should have invited more people from the south.  They can cook!

Me & Rachel (my HR Grad hire at work)  LOVE her!On to the game...I am indebted to this lady that was in our crowd who had an extra sweatshirt.  I left mine in the car and it got REALLY COLD!
Though I woke up the next morning with a sore neck, it was worth these fireworks!

2 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Awesome night and I wish I could have tried some of those fried pickles... wow... that is the only reason I love Hooters back home.. and nice hat on Stacy... you guys are making some great memories and lasting friendships... thanks for sharing this night with all of us... and the fireworks weren't bad...

Unknown said...

Cool pics! Glad you guys had a good time.