JONES Family

JONES Family

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sweet Dreams

At night when I go to bed, I always check on Shelby one last time, re-distribute his covers and blow him a kiss.  It's at this moment that my day fades away.  None of the rest of it suddenly seems to matter, because it's all suddenly clear.  How innocent and precious that peacefully sleeping face looks.  I wonder what he's dreaming and wish nothing but happy ones for my little man.  I hope that he feels safe from the boogie-man that seems to come at night, knowing that Mommy and Daddy are there.  And I realize that the most important thing I did all day is tuck him in and sing him our song.
S-H-E
L-B-Y
Close your eyes and sleep, Shelby.
Mommy loves you.
Yes, I do!
And Daddy will always be here too.
Close your eyes
And have sweet dreams
And know that I am here.
Close your eyes
And have sweet dreams
No, there's nothing to fear.

Last night after I sang and tucked him in, he looked up at me and smiled and said, "Good-night, Mommy" so sweetly.  
"Good-night, Shelby."

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

You brought tears to my eyes... so sweet and what a great song to have for him... you are a great mom