JONES Family

JONES Family

Friday, August 28, 2009

Good-Bye Butterflies!

In case you can't read it, the kids are (L to R) Silas, Nicholas, Spencer, Kyle, Shelby & Alex. The quote: While we try to teach our children about life, our children teach us what life is all about. -Angela Schwindt. I plan to have them printed for my fellow Butterfly parents and the teachers.

Shelby's last day as a Butterfly was Wednesday! He'll be a Frog starting on Monday. It's so bittersweet. I can't believe these babies are growing up! However, I'm pumped for potty training class. Whew Hew!

I loved how free spirited the kids were dancing around the room. Shelby made the request for music, of course, and Ms. Stacy quickly made it happen. Watch little Alex be the girl by dancing and watching herself in the mirror. Hilarious!

It's so much fun to watch Shelby ADORE his friends. I was so worried about being the only parent to miss this activity, as I sometimes am, so my boss supported me arranging some things and leaving early to be there. YEAH! Although I was surprised by how many parents couldn't make this round, I had a much needed moment to put things back into perspective! It totally set me up to handle the very next day when I left my driveway at 4am to return at 9pm. So glad I took this time with the Butterflies!
The pic above cracks me up. I think Nicholas and Alex thought hiding behind Shelby will prevent them from his Mommy's camera. Silas was all about the stage cheesing with his guitar!Nicholas, above, is our class greeter. He's just the friendliest little guy always waving hello and good-bye. His mom, Nicole, is in the background. She gets just as choked up about them all growing up as I do!Alex and Shelby...still a hot item!
I ALWAYS love Kyle's beautiful dark locks. He got a haircut at one point, and though it looked great, I was so sad! Shelby references Kyle by first and last name. But instead of coming out right, it sounds like "Kyle Shocka"
I loved this one of the whole class above. In efforts to get them all to pose, it was the more casual interaction that I thought was the most telling! Everyone loves Ms. Stacy (left) and Ms. Kim (right). I'm so grateful for such excellent, loving teachers!

2 comments:

vsm/whirling dirvish photography said...

I love the face Shelby gave Alex!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Girl back up off!!!

Janea said...

Hey K!
Thanks for keeping up on all the TDLC happenings. I cannot believe how much everyone has grown. IT makes me miss you guys even more. FROGS? Say it isn't so. Seems like it was just yesterday that you and Stacy came in to look at the center. Seemed like the perfect fit from the very beginning. So very happy that God crossed our paths at that point in our lives.

Love ya!
Janea