JONES Family

JONES Family

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Tehya's in Texas

On Sunday we left the Jones Family and headed on the long trek to Tehya's house. Shelby was so excited to get there and see his horsey! His horse is Cheyenne, but he claims Easy. Easy and another of the horses had babies.
On Monday morning, I caught Stacy and Shelby enjoying the hummingbirds outside. So sweet.
Hey Guys!
Then, off we went to Glenn Rose where there was an exotic animal exhibit. Shelby had a great time with all the live animals walking up to your door! Actually, we all had a blast.
Here's the first friend we met. It's the one Shelby tells everyone here about first, "I saw Ostrich!" He remembers him well, because the Ostrich was very aggressive and as he was coming towards the window, I realized I needed to roll it up or he was going to stick his head in and peck me! It caught me off guard and I started laughing so hard I was paralyzed for the moment. I had tears pouring down my face from cracking up, but Shelby thought I was crying so he started screaming from up front in Daddy's lap. Tehya gave up on me and rolled the window up from her controls. By the ride out, we had to go back by them and let Shelby know they were okay and their funny grins meant they were happy to see us.Shelby liked feeding the deer and baby deer next. They seemed much less scary.
These ugly wilderbeats reminded us of Lion King.
Hey, can I get some privacy, please? Tryin' to piss here, Buddy.

I wish I could remember what half these animals were called, but this guy was my fav. So beautiful!
As ugly as the wilderbeats were the Emu.
Giraffes! Just like here at the zoo, the giraffes were a car favorite. They would eat right out of your hand!
Tehya treated us to lunch at this cafe that looked out over the property there. Very pretty.
Near the cafe was the kids activity place. Shelby found out he's as tall as a cheetah! I was as tall as an Emu. Stacy was as tall as a white rhino.
Clearly no resemblance, Babe, no worries!
I still can't figure out where this Emu's head has gone! I've even zoomed into the photo. I'm sure if it was a headless Emu exhibit we'd have left running and screaming.
Shelby's height double.
On the way out, Tehya promised Shelby that when he's old enough, we'll go see the Dinosaur World close by. For now, he was content to sit on the advertisement close to his Tehya!
Back at home, we got some nice rain. With the rain came FROGS!
I had to send Shelby with a note to school detailing our adventure so they didn't think the kid had lost his mind to the Texas heat when he went on and on about, "I go to Texas and I see horses, cats, turkey, ostrich, rhinosaurus, giraffes....." Sure glad I did! Apparently that's exactly what he did.
THANK YOU for a fabulous time, Tehya! Looking forward to you talking Papa John into coming out here for a visit!

3 comments:

vsm/whirling dirvish photography said...

Glad the Fossil Rim trip worked out! That place is too cool. And yes those Emus are MEAN!!!

Jeramy, Terrie, Eli, and Aiden said...

hey we went to the wildlife safari in San Antonio today. We stayed at a B&B in Comfort and stopped by the drive thru animal fun on our way home! our boys are sooo in sinc! cant wait to get them together...

Tara said...

That looks like a blast and I am sure Shelby had alot of fun! Holt isn't quite big enough yet to get all of that, but I bet he would have really enjoyed looking at the animals. Maybe we'll have to plan a trip there sometime.