JONES Family

JONES Family

Saturday, September 26, 2009

The D.L on the P.T

(That's: The down low on the potty training for those not as dorky to come up with that as me)

The afternoon got much better. You might be right, Camille. If the accidents are the key, then sheesh...tell me we've learned a lot today. It must be true, because he did pee again, but just a tiny bit and came in to go potty. Lots of attempts with nothing happening and then finally, he told me he had to go and he went in the potty!
We did have another accident late evening. I was so frustrated. I had him on the diaper table cleaning him up and he asked me what was wrong. I said, "I'm not very happy with you, Shelby. You are supposed to pee pee in the potty!" He stood up on the table, held his arms out in the "why" motion, shrugged his shoulders and said as serious as could be, "(Sigh)...It's all my fault today." Then he looked down so sad. I couldn't take it! I just wanted to eat him up. I was laughing so hard. That kid knows how to melt me and undo it all.

I put a pull up on him for dinner, just to avoid the accident during the meal. When I removed it to give him a bath it was dry. I sat him on the toilet and he pee'd! YEAH! Then, after bath, stories, etc we crawled into bed. Partly through the night-night song he said, "I go pee pee!" We rushed to the bathroom and he went again!
He's sleeping in a diaper of course, but I'm hoping for even more progress tomorrow.

Keep it up, Shelbs! And it's not all your fault, buddy. Mommy needs to check her expectations.

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

So glad to hear... tomorrow will be a good day for sure.