JONES Family

JONES Family

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Whitey Tighties here we come!

Stacy and I proudly announce that our son has taken his first poo-poo and pee-pee in the potty tonight!!!! 2 yrs 7 1/2 mo.
He's been sitting on the potty off an on for a very long time and has pee-pee'd once. He was not in the daycare class with the potty training facilities until this month. He hasn't made much progress at school, either as the kids are all distracted by the newness of the room and the lead teacher went on vacation.
HOWEVER, despite all of that, we're working with him and tonight he made it happen! We sat on the potty before bath time. There was some serious grunting and squeezing before he relaxed enough. Poo.....then, with all the movement the wee-wee was dislodged from it's position pointing down and he shot pee in a stream line straight for Mommy sitting across from him!

The little toot. When I put him to bed tonight I was still making a big deal out of it for him. I said, "Shelby, Mommy's so proud of you! You poo-poo'd and pee-pee'd in the potty!!!" He smiled at me and said, "I poo-poo'd in the potty. I pee-pee'd on you!"
Little toot! He cracks me up.
YEAH FOR BIG BOY UNDERWEAR!

2 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Congrats... that is awesome... not wearing diapers is the bomb.... in our house... so excited for you.

Val said...

Hahahaha! I can't decide what is funnier....the fact that Shelby peed on you or how many times in this post I see the words, "pee-pee" and "poo-poo"! It's nice to know I'm not the only one all encompassed by everything potty.