JONES Family

JONES Family

Sunday, September 27, 2009

The scoop from the crapper

So, it's poopless around here.
HOWEVER, the pee pee piece has gotten MUCH better!!! Shelby is getting better at letting us know ahead of time, and when he doesn't he seems to be just as disappointed as we are now. He even said he had to go and ended up in some failed attempts. False alarms are better than the 911's.
On the Poop Scoop....I've heard this happens when they start training. He hasn't gone in 2 days! I gave him the low dose of the Little Tummies laxative at 11am this morning, and he had a whole thing of mandarin oranges at lunch. And nothing!!! Lo siento to the daycare tomorrow when he blows it up! Sheesh.
I'm sending him with 4 changes of clothes and underwear in the hopes that they'll keep up our progress. Nonna is coming Tuesday night, so she'll have Shelby Wed - Fri while Stacy is in Wyoming, and I'm hoping he doesn't make it too hard on her.
Long story short: It's getting better!
Thanks to all my friends for the thoughts and advice. Keep it comin!!!! Camille: He freaks out if he's naked. Did Pierce take to just the running around naked part okay? Patsi: I'd keep the pull ups at night too if it was top bunk pee in the bed. Don't listen to everyone else. Do your thang, Girl!
Harper & Shae, Sharla & D, Grammy & Grandpa: This kid is getting some serious wear out of all these underwear you previously bought for the occassion. THANKS!

2 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

So glad to hear it is getting better and potty training is something that there is an overload of advice, etc... so just hang in there.. Pierce was not scared of being naked but we did use boxer briefs on him.... that way it feels different than underwear too... also we did treats for poo's.... so if Pierce did a poo even if it was small he got a treat.... now if he says he wants a treat I say you have to go poo poo in the potty and he can pretty much poo on command now... HE HE HE Stick with it girl... you doing a great job.

Val said...

Glad to hear you're making progress. You are patient. I let my kids wear diapers till they come to me and tell me they want to use the potty. Lainey is 3 today and just started panties this month. A little old, but she's doing really well. I've never had the gumption to "train" them...

Keep up the good work, wondermomma!