JONES Family

JONES Family

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Potty Training Journal Entry

Oh My Gosh! Tell me you're joking!!!! It's only 11am and we've already changed Shelby out of pee'd on underwear and shorts 4 times!
I kept hearing...don't do pull-ups just go straight to underwear. They learn faster b/c they hate how gross it feels when they're sitting in wet underwear. Oh yeah?
Let me introduce you to my son, Shelby Ander Jones.
Last night he was sitting on the couch with Daddy and I told him let's go try to go potty. When I lifted him up, I found his blanket was strategically placed in his lap to cover up the fact that he was sitting in urine. ON MY COUCH! YUCK.
Wish us luck...

3 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Having accidents is key.... someone told me this and it is true... they have to have accidents to learn so that is ok... and another tip I got was to let Pierce go naked and it really worked... bc sometimes they confuse the underwear with the diaper... so try nakedness at home... good luck

Patsi said...

I know that people say go straight to underwear. We didn't. Now, let me remind you that Zane was just over 3 when he finally potty trained. I refused to buy diapers. If we were home, he wore underwear. If we were out & about, I put a pull up on him. He was older so I think he kind of caught on quicker. I still have him sleep in a pull up. People critize me all the time, asking how he will learn. If they changed sheets on his top bunk very often, they might have a change of heart. Most nights he doesn't pee in it, but when he does, he SOAKS himself & the bed & NEVER wakes up! That's gross!

Patsi said...

Shelby will catch on pretty quick. When the light goes off, it really goes off.