JONES Family

JONES Family

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Blue October

The other thing I hadn't yet blogged....
On March 16th I was on cloud 9!  Stacy, Dave, Lenecia and I all went to San Francisco to The Fillmore to watch Blue October.  Not only were we at an amazing venue, we were watching my #2 (borderline #1 only to Korn) favorite band, Blue October!  
Christine Walzak Mucker introduced me to Blue October the fall of 1999.  I expect some Happy Anniversary flowers from Justin this fall.  LOL!
Stacy attended BO's CD release for Consent to Treatment at Hastings while I was in Arlington for a job interview the spring of 2001.  I was so upset that I couldn't go, so he surprised me, even though he had no idea who they were, with a signed poster and CD.  Between that and the day he showed up at my house with a gallon of milk b/c I said my roomie finished mine off, I knew Stacy was "the one." 
So, I was a complete freak at BO this year, just in heaven for the whole set.  After the show, the band...still clearly grounded...came out and like in the past enjoyed hanging out with their fans.  We told them we'd been following them since College Station and talked about a few of the concerts.  They were sincerely excited and told us, "No way!  That's old school." and posed for a picture Dave so graciously took.
Sigh......I'm still elated thinking about my special moment.
If you haven't caught their new CD "Approaching Normal" please do!
So, my dream is to take some serious photography courses and at their next CD release be the photographer for the CD.  Hey, I can dream, can't I?????

No comments: