JONES Family

JONES Family

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Vamos a la playa!

After a long nap from the walk in the park, Chaila and Aaron came over and asked if they could put on their swimsuits and let Shelby spray them with the waterhose.  I said yes, but then I thought...I can do ya one even better!  So, off we went to Shadow Cliffs for a fun few hours in the sun and water.The kids made friends quickly and decided to build their own lake.The lifeguards called a time out and everyone had to get out of the water for 15 minutes.  All were advised to reapply sunscreen.  With the water fair game, the ducks came a swimmin'.  I was so proud of myself for thinking that even in a hour and a half me may need snacks, so the 15 minutes were covered.Let me share with you a chain of events between Chaila and Shelby.  Understand, Chaila is a little mommy.  She ADORES Shelby.
Here's how it started.  Shelby didn't want to get in the water anymore.  So, he stood aside and watched.  I had taken the kids to the Dollar Store and they all picked out a different color spray bottle for the event.  Something went wrong with Shelby's so he was clearly upset.
Chaila immediately came out of the water (I was such a bummer, I only let the kids go to the waist-high marker so they practically laid on their bellies on the bottom to swim around.  Hey, I don't know if I can keep up with 3 kids yet!)  So, it only took her a sec to get out and assess the problem. After an explanation of the problem from Shelby and watching him try to fix it himself with his teeth, she jumped in and saved the day.And, as a typical male, he broke her heart as she tried to love on him and he shunned her away, annoyed at the affection.  You little toot!  She jumps at your every command!



1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

How much fun and I too would have been terrified with 3 kids in the water.