JONES Family

JONES Family

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Pat Tillman Run

So, speaking of the military, I realized I hadn't ever posted our photos from the Pat Tillman run we did as a family on April 25th.  Stacy has worn a remembrance bracelet for Pat for quite some time now.  When we moved out here close to San Jose, he said he wanted to do the run.  We were out of town last year, but this year we were excited to participate.  Stacy ran 4.2 miles straight for the first time ever!  I was so proud of him!http://www.patsrun.com/
And when I say we ran as a family, let me clarify.  Stacy ran.  And though I've normally been the distance queen in this fam....I walked.  Shelby chilled in the stroller.  He did great until we hit mile 3.  The snacks ran out, he was tired of staring at the same rear ends in front of us and he had a total meltdown.  He cried till he crashed out and slept through the children's race I was so excited about.  Oh well.Before the race started we went to the area for kids and let Shelby get some energy out before sitting in the stroller.

Since Dad insisted we leave the house at some rediculous hour that morning, we were all beat.  We laid around in the sun trying to warm up when we got home.  

Until next year!

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Great run... and great pics... what a great thing to do... can't wait to see more next year... and good job on the walking I would have been right there with you.