JONES Family

JONES Family

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day at the Zoo

For Mother's Day, the guys let me sleep in until 8am when they woke me up with breakfast in bed.  Shelby was carrying a rose and a precious card with his baby photo and a current photo on it.  Then, they honored my request for a fun day at the Oakland Zoo!  (See full slideshow above)  We had a blast!  Shelby was absolutely zomped when we left.  He fell asleep in the car on the ride home and then easily transferred to his bed where he proceeded to nap for 2 1/2 hours.  (Hence all the blogging I did today.)
Here's a fun video from the Giraffe exhibit.  This one was my favorite. 

There was also a petting zoo.  Shelby really liked this little goat.  I make a comment about Daddy's melon head, but please also note that my 2T body toddler is wearing a 3T-4T hat!

And though they're in the slideshow, I wanted to hilight a few of my favorite pics from the day.
Dad, I cannot believe you made me look rediculous in that bunny rabbit.  I get it.  I have a big head like you, but that crossed the line.  I'm soooo not smiling.
Tonight when I put Shelby to bed I asked him to tell me Happy Mother's Day.  He just smirked at me.  I said, "Okay, but thank you for a wonderful Mother's Day anyways."  After I closed his bedroom door and started to put laundry away I heard him say faintly, "Happy Mother's Day."  I went back in so excited and he was all smiles.  I gave him a big kiss good night.
Thank you to my amazing men for my perfect Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Breakfast in bed... wow your men are super stars.... I love it. glad you had fun at the zoo the pic of shelby on the frog is awesome.. I wish we could get Pierce and him together again... soon.